Sunday, February 21, 2010

Warning: Spoiler Alert. I just finished Divinity 2.

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY THIS GAME!!


















So I just finished D2 and I gotta say, what a DIFFERENT ending. This is the first game I have ever played that basically had the endgame showing you that all the work you had just done through 40 hours of gaming... was for the end of the world. Wow.

The final boss fight was somewhat hard. I was level 34 when I finally got there. There was a room full of baddies who could easily toast you all by themselves if left unchecked. You have to truly utilize your jumping and tumbling skills to get through it. It took me a few tries but I finally beat it, and the endgame was really a sight to behold. You get trapped with "The Divine" for all of eternity to watch Damian and Ygerna rule the world. Wow. I'm still awestruck.

I have to say, it was a wholly enjoyable experience to play the game, expecially since it's been universally panned by critics. (Ratings generally range from 4.5 to7 out of 10). There was lots of graphical problems but they didn't make the game unplayable. The sound was good and the story was well told. Worthy of a playthrough for any RPG gamer.

Next up, getting through Darksiders!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment