Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow Day! Great time for gaming.

So I get up this morning to the wonderful surprise of a blizzard. In most cases, this is an annoyance and a hated turn of events for people around these parts because for some reason, business owners are NUTS and demand people still go to work. Well, it wasn't TERRIBLE but a lot of places were closing because of the POTENTIAL for the weather to get worse. Anyway, I ended up going in myself for a couple of hours, only to be sent home again. Great. At least I'll get paid. :P

Snow days are wonderful events for folks who like gaming, as it's a whole full day period where they can enjoy gaming guilt free, as most times you probably could be doing something a little more proactive. Relaxation is wonderful, for which gaming is generally a part of. But the world still turns. Dishes need to be cleaned, laundry needs to be done. It all has to fit in the time outside of work. When work closes, and you still get PAID, you get this time FREE because you wouldn't be cleaning anyway. :)

For me, today, I started with a healthy dose of Divinity II. It's not a bad game, it's a little misdirected at the start, but still worthy of a decent playthrough. (Do not read the IGN review if you ever hope to want to play this) The graphics can be a bit choppy but the fighting is done well enough. I feel very nimble in the game, something that is generally not what I get. Most times I play a tank in RPG's, so I'm slow plodding and lots of death comes from my hands. But this is refreshing. The musical score is actually somewhat catchy, as I currently have the music from the first village quaintly buzzing away in my head. The story is interesting enough.

After a bit of this, I started poking around on the internet and came up with a new PS3 friend. I'm kind of hoping he will FINALLY be someone to play NHL10 with, as I'm generally the only one of my gaming friends remotely interested in sports games... unless there is easy gamerscore to be had.

I sat down again and started my second playthrough of Mass Effect 2, on the insanity difficulty. It's remarkably harder than the casual sittings I put into my games of choice. But, for some reason, it's not bothering me much. Even on a casual setting, you will die multiple times in this game. Anyway, I got the "Power Gamer" achievement for hitting level 30 and started recruiting my team. This brings us to now.

I wanted to mention to some of my readers (you aren't followers yet but you tell me you read!) that there is more to life, especially MY life, than gaming. :) I talk about it a lot here for a couple of reasons.

1. It's like a venting for me. I want to talk about games, but I don't necessarily want to talk about them in a social setting.
2. People who read this stuff tend to be gamers in my experience. I'd love to have a few more followers.
3. I love games and this lets me talk about them during lunches at work when I'm stuck there. :D

I have quite a few other hobbies. I am an avid photographer, and visit a group bi-weekly called "Camera 35". While some meetings can be a bit stale, I find so much of the imagery shown to be very inspiring. I am an illustrator and a bit of a programmer. I like to dabble in electronics like computer building, GPS tracking, Ipodding. I LOVE movies, and would love to find someone who likes to watch them too (my wife can't seem to sit still long enough to get through one unless it has sub-titles...).

Anyway, the point I'm really trying to make is that I know I talk about games a lot, especially here. But that's what this blog is for. Games! Video games in particular. I may start a more brief one for photography as well... but I don't want to stretch too thin. I'm still new to the writing gig and want to develop some better skill at it before I go off willy nilly trying to talk about EVERYTHING. :P

I hope you've enjoyed my blogging thusfar. I've enjoyed it myself and look forward to doing it more in the future.

Thanks for reading!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment