Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mid Week Blahs

So last night I fulfilled my dream to actually play EA Active on Wii and did day 1 of the 30 day challenge. To just do the challenge is obviously a bad idea, as fitness is an overall lifestyle that needs to be adopted, not just tucked into a 25 minute workout once daily.

There were a number of different activities, most of which I found fairly easy to do but did get a nice workout from. The dumbell lifts with the tension strip were ok, but I can handle a bit more. The lateral stuff and the crouching stuff (side lunges and rowing lifts respectively) were a bit more of a challenge for me as my back can get stiff really easily (car accident... a story for another day). I really enjoyed the punching bag and kick boxing. VERY fun, interactive, and a great calorie burn. The running in spot seemed a bit silly, but in the end it did do what it was supposed to do, warm me up and cool me down. The trainer pegged me to burn 165 calories in the workout, and I ended up burning 200. Not a bad start.

Now you see, I'm not fooling myself, I know that this game is NOT a substitute for complete, full workout. There's no weigh lifting, and there's only so much one can do when one stands in one spot. For me it's an attempt to start fresh, a first, baby step to a fitter life. I'll never be skinny, but I don't want to fall into SUPER FAT stages, which I could EASILY do if I left things unchecked. I have a beautiful, little wife. She deserves better than that from me. :)

Last night was the first night in I don't know how long that I didn't even turn on my 360. I generally don't use it near as much in the summer, but winter months it gets it's workout. I'm not even between games, as Divinity 2, if you've been reading this blog, is tops on my games list recently. I have spoken of Guild Wars, both games are remarkably similar actually. But... I see Divinity holding my attention until it's completion. I've been Guild War's bitch for over 4 years now. It can live without me for a week more. Even steph noticed I had not played it and commented. We did sit down and watch a couple of shows... current favorites include Chuck and Castle. While I've been finding chuck a little derivative, it's still entertaining enough, and Castle is just a pleasure to watch. The chemistry between the main characters in Castle and Kate Beckett is just unparalleled. The casting people certainly did a good job with these two.

I was thinking about adding a little cooking comment once in a while. I'll start today with a little bread bowl lasagna idea we had once and executed perfectly. Half bake a bread bowl. cut the center out. glaze with garlic butter, NOT butter. Make lasagna as you would normally (we did it without the cottage cheeze), take the left over bread and dip into melted garlic butter and bake along side of lasagna. Take out and serve. Yummy. The little bits of garlic bread alone are worth this idea. :)

That's it for today folks. See you tomorrow!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment