Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Night, no TV, and the Wife is Playing Pikmin...

Well, I've learned how useful TV is, even in it's lowest form. It's Sunday night, around 10pm and I'm bored to death. I love gaming, as this blog tends to state, but even that doesn't turn my fancy. I want to sit on a couch like a blob of useless human flesh and watch TV. Nothing in particular, just tune out the world and waste away watching TV for an hour or so.

Ok, now that's out of the way, let's talk games. :)

I'm a good ways into Darksiders now and more and more I wish I hadn't picked this up sight unseen. It's not a bad game by any means, it's just... generic. It has basic 3d action platforming traits plus a strong homage to Zelda Ocarina of Time. It's somewhat linear but apparently this works itself out later in the game. The story is fantastic, the visuals are amazing. It's even... dare I say it... challenging. But... I find myself saying "I've done this before" far too often. I'll finish it up and use it for trade bait when that surprise awesome game comes out later in February or March, like it always does. Thank GOD I didn't get my other interest game, Divinity II, which is rating VERY poorly across the boards.

I finished my Guitar Hero customization up Friday (check out my facebook page... it's my profile picture) and I gotta say, it looks awesome. If you want to do the same (I'm sure there's a few of you out there wanting to do this...) it costs as little as $25. Assuming you had a file that was ready or something very basic to scan (like a record cover) it'd be a cheap. Big shout out to Matt over at Fastsigns for doing a stellar job putting it all together.

That's it for me for today. Will post more on Darksiders and the impending doom of my marriage, also known as "Mass Effect 2" in the coming days. :P

C

No comments:

Post a Comment