Friday, October 1, 2010

An Unhealthy Obsession with the Undead, Part Deux, PLUS CAMERA CLUB! :D




Way back in the days of me first blogging, I wrote a little about an unhealthy obsession with the undead. I had started playing Dead Rising and mentioned how I enjoyed it. I recently started playing Dead Rising 2, and all other games have suddenly disappeared. Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions... traded. GTA 4, traded. NHL 11, gathering dust. This game is just plain flat out fun. Chopping zombies up into day old sandwich meat just NEVER gets old. This game there are literally HORDES of the undead, waiting to be chopped into little bits and pieces. You get to combine weapons, a great one being tapping two chainsaws to a canoe paddle to get a paddle saw, which you can wreak havoc with. Another one, called "The Defiler", combines a fire axe and a sledge hammer. Lots of fun.

The story? Meh, who cares. It mirrors the first game somewhat and is far less than original, but the game isn't about the story, it's the zombie genocide. There is actually an achievement for killing 72000 zombies. SEVENTY TWO THOUSAND! That more people than many communities. Good Lord above! This, of course, will set the stage for me to finally properly finish the first game, as I got the bad ending the last time I played back in the spring. Now, how do I fit in trying to be more active with all this gaming? Sigh...

An example of street photography.

Anyway, part of the fun of being active is that I generally get to bring my camera. I finally got back to my camera club this week, and the first real competition within the group, Street Photography, is on deck. What to do, what to do... it's define on Wikipedia as a type of documentary photography that features subjects in candid situations within public places such as streets, parks, beaches, malls, political conventions and other settings. How will I get this shot without pissing someone off? This will be quite the challenge. I have 2 weeks to pull it off. The one thing that this competition has done is given me my fire for photography back. I have been pictured out for so long now that I have really had to push myself to even pick up my camera and dust it off. Now I have a little direction, I'm literally itching to get back at it.

Now, for one last little note before I sign off for the week, this weekend I celebrate my 1st wedding anniversary with my amazingly beautiful, kind, intelligent, and patient wife Stephanie. I often mention her in my posts, and do so because she is such a large and loving part of my life, I rarely have a thought without having her in mind in some way shape or form being involved. Steph, I love you and can't wait for the rest of our very fun filled and joyful life together. :) Happy Anniversary.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment