Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oh my GOD... SYSTEM FONTS SHOULD BE ABOLISHED

I'm just going through a proofing stage with a client right now and he asked that well placed, classic looking and stylish fonts be replace with FUCKING TIMES NEW ROMAN. OH MY GOD. This is a well established business, 30 years or more, in a city that generally cannot handle it's type of business. This design got kudos all around from peers as a neat, classic, 60's style designed sign. Then it gets into the hands of... ARGH. This job get's my vote as MOST DISAPPOINTING JOB OF THE YEAR.

I can understand the want to poke, to change a little, to change a font. It's part of the business of design. BUT TIMES NEW FUCKING ROMAN??? DEAR GOD.

I want to put the before and after here to really show, but for the privacy of the client, I won't put it in here.

Here's my vote to destroy, abolish, incinerate, anything really bad and destructive to Times New Roman.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment