Friday, January 7, 2011

I have a serious problem.


So, I sit here today, one day after my shots for Altered Reality were due, without having even tried to shoot it. I'm a man in peril, as it seems I've come down with a serious ailment.

I have shooters block.

I couldn't shoot a picture if my life depended on it. I don't know how to get past it either.

About 2 and a half to 3 months ago, I finished up at Camera Club, knowing my shots were terrible but at least were on topic. They were forced pictures, and truthfully, they looked it too. At this point I had been making myself go to Camera Club, thinking I could just push my way through this awful affliction. Sadly, I cannot. I don't know how to get past it.

I used to see the photos in my head before I shot them. Now I just draw blanks. I'm tired of shooting the same old nature shots in and around the city. I'm tired of people shots just not working out they way I want them to. I'm tired of my work being derivative. I'm tired of having one of creative outlets feeling like work. I need that little burst of life to my work that is generally called inspiration and it just isn't coming.

Hey photographer people, friends, countrymen. Do you have any suggestions of how to get past this? I've been avoiding Camera Club for a while now simply because I have nothing to offer to the group right now.

Help!

C
As silly as this sounds, the loss of a creative

1 comment:

  1. We haven't been to Middle Gull Pond in a while. Perhaps a weekend day and evening out there would get things going again? Nostalgia combined with some locales you haven't seen in a while.

    I've been looking for an excuse to go out there anyhow. :)

    ReplyDelete